If you would like to make a gift now through your DAF, simply click the link below to find your fund:
The final distribution of contributions remaining in your DAF after your lifetime can be designated when you create or update your fund.
We hope you will consider naming Girl Scouts of the United States of America or your local Girl Scouts council as a beneficiary of your account. You may even designate Girl Scouts to receive a portion of the account value, leaving the remaining portion for your children or grandchildren to continue your legacy of philanthropy.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about setting up your legacy gift or if you need more information.
6 ways you can make an impact with your donor-advised fund:
- Memorialize, honor, or commemorate a loved one or an event.
- Avoid capital gains by first transferring appreciated stock to your DAF and then gifting it in minutes.
- Teach your loved ones about charity and why you believe in giving back.
- Build a sense of community (and make a bigger impact) by forming “giving circles” with other donor-advised fund owners including friends and family members.
- Bundle your charitable gifts (doing so could result in an opportunity to itemize your deductions in the same year).
- Leave all or a portion of your the account to charity simply by changing your beneficiary designation.
I invite you to contact me so we can chat about easy ways to make an impact using your donor-advised fund a reality. For information about opportunities to support your local council, please click here.