Charitable gift annuities
Income for life, lower taxes, and the influencing girl-leaders throughout the country. That is what happens when you create a legacy gift through a charitable gift annuity.
You can make a substantial impact through Girl Scouts USA, or your local council, while receiving tax-favorable income for you, your spouse, and your children. Many supporters like charitable gift annuities because of their attractive payout rates and their significant impact.
Consider your legacy for Girl Scouts by opening a charitable gift annuity of at least $10,000 in cash or appreciated securities starting at 65 years old. The rate of the payments is determined by age and number of annuitants (one or two). We also offer deferred gift annuities where the payments start on a date you choose that is at least one year after you make the gift.
Benefits to you include:
- Payments can be made as you prefer on an annual, quarterly or monthly basis.
- A portion of the payout will be tax-free.
- You receive an immediate tax receipt for a portion of your gift.
- Your gift passes to Girl Scouts USA, or your local council, outside of the estate process.
- You create your legacy of girl-leaders.
Charitable Remainder Trust
Income for life for you and your family while reducing your taxes and launching remarkable girls into our world.
By using assets or cash to fund the trust, you receive income and you receive an income tax credit the year in which you transfer your assets. The remaining portion of the trust, after all payments have been made, comes to Girl Scouts USA, or your local council.
Benefits to you include each of the following:
- Receive income for life for you or your heirs
- Receive a charitable income tax credit for the charitable portion of the trust
- Create your legacy of girl-leadership